Whenever a new website created, IIS will create an application pool that has the same name as website. For example, if you create an website with the name “fictionlib,” an application pool with the name ” fictionlib ” is created. Each application pool has a spcial a security identifier in Windows, system files and folders can be secured by using this identity. However, the identity is not a real user account and will not show up as a user in the Windows User Management Console.
To config, website folder permission, you need to follow below steps:
- Open Windows Explorer
- Select Website folder
- Right click the directory and select Properties
- Select the Security tab
- Click the Edit button and then Add button
- Click the Locations button and make sure that you select your computer.
- Enter IIS AppPool\ (eg: IIS AppPool\website name) in the Enter the object names to select: text box
- Click the Check Names button and click OK.
- Check Modify under the Allow column, and click OK, and OK.